Yesterday was a day of firsts for us. Levi got to play with play dough (thanks Inga for making it). It went better than I thought it would and he actually didn't even try to eat it. I tried to teach him to roll it in a ball or into a snake like shape, neither of which he was able to do on his own, but he did find it fun to rip off pieces and then take a ball of play dough and smash each piece into it and he also loved to pound it into flat hamburger like shapes. It was fun to see him try something new and really experiment with it. Makayla didn't have the privelege of playing with play dough but she did decide to roll over for the first time. She rolled from her stomach to her back and Daddy was even there to see it.
I know I say this alot but it really is true. Both kids are growing so fast. It's so funny how you grow up hearing parents and grandparents say that "time flies" and "before you know it they'll be leaving the house," and as a kid you think they are crazy because everything seems to take forever when your a kid but now I can totally see how it's true. Today we were looking through some "old" pictures of Levi (and by old I mean a year ago) and we were saying how amazing it is to now see Makayla doing the same things Levi was doing only a year ago. How the time does fly! It is just a little reminder to me that I need to enjoy every little moment in life and not let the little things get to me but see the big picture. So I encourage you all to do the same. Live each moment to the fullest and enjoy your little blessings while they are still little which we all know is not for long.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Firsts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very nice words Holly, and a very good reminder to all us busy mamas with even busier little ones. How much happier my kids are with a mac and cheese dinner and mommy sitting on the floor reading to them. Sigh, years and months fly by, but the days seem awfully long somedays:)
love to turn her from a thumb sucker to a c--k sucker they suck amazing you blow so quick
Post a Comment